lauantai 30. tammikuuta 2016

Treasures from Tallinn

A conference trip to Tallinn offered a chance to check out Karnaluks which is a huge store full of yarns, laces, fabrics and other related equipment. I didn't pay much attention to the yarn side, apart from noticing it's size, since I was looking for materials for a lolita dress. The fabrik side was a bit of a disappointment but when it comes to lace it's a paradise. It was also a lot cheaper than Finland. Here is what I found:

 I found fabrics for three dresses. the one on top is a very pastelly mint green, almost more of a sweet lolita color but I fell in love with the fabric. I'm also making my first lolita dress from it, a jsk. I'll post about the struggles when I get the dress done. The second one is a grayish green that plan to turn into a one piece, haven't yet decided if I want short or long sleeves. I don't know what color to call the last one but I'll turn it into a jsk as well.

As I mentioned it was a lace paradise. There tens of shelf meters of it. And different kinds of laces as well traditional, tulle based, knitted and crocheted. And in every colour. I spent half an hour just going through them. In the end I settled for 5 white laces. The second and fourth are and off-white colour, the rest are bright white. The two last laces are tulle based and are not as good quality, but the others are really good quality. From my limited experience though I would say that even the two on the right are better than Bodyline lace. The one on the right is the first one in use. I paired it with the mint green fabric.

I also got three long zippers for the dresses. I thought I had gotten three hidden zippers since they were all from the same hook in the store but when I got home I realized that one of them was a normal zipper. The lace on it is not as pretty as on the other two but it's quite narrow so I might just turn it and use it as an invisible zipper. This is why you should check carefully everything you buy, even if they are from the same box at the store.

The last thing I got is a collection small flowers that I plan to turn into headpieces or use as an accent. These I'll probably use outside of lolita as well.

All in all I was very happy that I got up in the morning to go to the store and I can't wait to turn these into dresses. I'll post more about the dress making progress as well as ready coordinates later.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti