lauantai 16. tammikuuta 2016

Introduction

This is the boring first post where I tell why I'm doing this in the first place. In some way I have always liked the way Lolita looks but never really looked more into it. As I've gotten older I've started to care less about what other people might think of me and found Lolita again a few months ago. I have been trying to find all the information I can but I still feel that I don't know nearly enough. I'm still willing to try my best and hopefully learn more from others in the fashion as I dive into it. I want to write this to see what it is like to join fashion when you are a bit older and not exactly Lolita shape. I'm normal weight but I'm quite tall, 170 cm, and shaped more like an hourglass. Comparing my measurements to those of Lolita dresses, even Indie brands that offer sizes, I won't fit into them. So what is it like to go into the fashion when you need to have the dresses custom made?

I have already bought some things. I got a petticoat from Miss Windy Shop and it seems really poofy, it also came really fast. The petticoat is A-lined but since I'm going for a more classic look it's not that big of a problem. I might need to get another shorter one though, to get a more bell like shape, it's under consideration. I also got a couple of blouses. Word of warning for other beginners though, I got mine from Bodyline and even in 2L size the sleeves are really short. I think I'll have to turn on of the blouses into a short sleeved one.

I'm making my first dress myself. There is a sewing place here with people to help. I have sewed before but I've never made anything fitted, so we'll have to see how that turns out. I have a printed fabric that I think is really cute and I'm planning to make a jsk. I'll make a post about the process of it when I start making the dress.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti